Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Update-

So I took the boys in to the doctor yesterday for a recheck and boy am I glad I did. Elijah got really bad Sunday night into Monday. While there he was given 2 breathing treatments, which didn't help him. He quit eating/drinking and became very dehydrated. He was very lathargic and glossy eyed. He was wheezing, and very crackely in his lungs and she said he had "rails" which all of those things are lingo for pnemonia. His O2 sats were pretty low (85ish) so he was immediatly placed on 2 liters of oxygen and he was transported by ambulance to U of M. It was so scary for me once the ambluance pulled in and it sank in how sick he was.
The hardest part though was the fact that Hannah was at school in Highland and I had Travis with me and he COULD NOT go in the ambulance with us. I went in to a panic. I had to VERY QUICKLY find someone to get Hannah off the bus and come and pick Travis up from the kids doctor's office. I called 10 people to try to get someone to come pick him up for me before I finally got my little sister who was at work in Novi to come. She had to cash out and clean up at work and come from Novi to brighton. Jason had to call a lady that works at Brighton Wendy's to come get him until my sister got there. It was so hard for me to put him in a total strangers car, especially with him still so sick and looking at me like "mommy, what is going on?" He was so confused. He looked so scared and I had to fight back tears so I didn't scare him more. I have never felt so torn about what to do in my life. Needless to say...through the panic and feeling of helplessness, Travis did get picked up (with meds, and nebulizer in tow) by my little sister (thanks Kel), and she sped home to get Hannah off the bus. They are safe at home with Daddy (and my Mom when he is working). Travis is getting steroids and treatments and doing okay.
So, we got here and Elijah got an IV, blood drawn, chest xray, nose swab for influenza, and RSV. He was so angry. He is positive for pnemonia, and RSV as of right now. Both are viral so no antibiotics...it must simply (lol) run it's course. He has been on oxygen. He isn't eating/drinking much and when he does he just looses it when he coughs. He is so sensitive and pukes so easy!

That is all I can think of right now. I am too tired to recall anything more. If I think of anything else, I will let you know. I just ask that you please pray for health for the boys. That Elijah will be able to maintain his oxygen sats, and that he can eat and drink and sustain his little body. We really need all of you to intercede for us...PLEASE????

1 comment:

Created For His Glory said...

Praying for you!!! Please let me know if I can do anything for you!
Love,
K