Thursday, January 15, 2009

A few ramdom's about our life at the moment...

I think that our bills may just swallow us whole! I just got our new gas bill and just cannot believe it went up another $50! December's was $100 higher than November and now our current bill (from Dec 15-Jan 14) is $55 higher...grrrr! This is crazy! We just need a little break in this weather. Between the constant snow storms to these now "ARCTIC" temps, I think our bank accounts just need to rest! I am really thankful that fuel prices came down at the pumps because I think we would be in real trouble if they hadn't!

Other than that...all is well in the Palmer household! The kids are all great! I kept them home from school today because it was so cold. At 6 am it was still -3 here and I didn't want them out in this crazy weather. If an egg can freeze in 10 seconds in these cold temps than my little chickies are too fragile for this stuff! I woucl have drove them but then that would have required me taking Elijah out in this and I just don't do that. I think they are getting cabin fever...especially Elijah, he never gets to go ANYWHERE! He brings me his coat and shoes every day and tells me "I anna go bubye too, Mama!" Poor baby! Someday Spring will get here! Elijah did have a nasty ear infection last week, but other than that we have all been pretty healthy for the most part. He will go back to cardiology January 29th for his check up... please say prayers for that. I have no worries about it at all. I know by looking at him how well he is doing. If I didn't know better, I would never believe he had a congenital heart defect. He looks great, sounds great, eats great, and has more energy than I would have ever imagined him to have.

We have some meetings coming up for all of the kids...to assess Elijah's speach again, for preparation for kindergarten for Travis and also a meeting with hannah's teacher/school counselor to try to figure out why she is struggling so bad in school. They think she may have ADD but I wonder if it has a lot to do with dyslexia from being left handed...not sure really. I just no she struggles in a lot of things to do with school and I want to see her excel a little more. If any of you have any experience with a left handed child , I would love your input!

We are getting ready to really start our house hunt...please say a few prayers for us. We really want to move so bad. Any of you know of any good mortgage companies?

No comments: