Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The little peanut...

Or not so little anymore, has a cardiology appointment in the morning at U of M. Please just say a prayer for him/us tonight. I have had such peace over the appointment all month until today. I know Mr. Elijah is okay, I know he is fine! He is growing and eating so good. he looks great to me, but the "what if" has loomed in and clouded my mind today! I don't think I will ever get over this fear...it is always tucked back in the back of my head. There is always that lump in my throat when I ask myself "does he look blue"? Or if he has a period of throwing up, I get that ache deep in my stomach...these thoughts NEVER leave. But, I have learned how to manage them a WHOLE LOT BETTER since surgery in August. Anyway, enough of this sad syuff, just please keep us all in your prayers...we will need them tonight and tomorrow.

Elijah has not been to the doctor since early December! It has been so wonderful! I never thought that we would be so free from doctors and the hospital. For 2 years and 4 months our lives were CONSUMED by doctor's and it was so difficult for the whole family. So this break has been much needed and much appreciated by all of us. He has had a pretty healthy winter so far and I cannot express enough gratitude to God for that.

Unfortunately, it has been Travis that has been sick this year. He again is having problems with his asthma! This is the 5th time since November and his attacks seem to just linger. He has had 2 trips to the hospital over it. Poor kid! He gets really bad headaches and really itchy when he is dealing with them. I hate watching him struggle to breath and be in so much pain. And I hate the medication! It makes him so hyper and mean. He gets really overwhelmed by his temper and emotions.

Hannah is doing fairly well. She has remained really healthy also this winter. She normally does though. That is a real blessing for us and her. She isn't a great patient when it comes to the doctor and resting! She has developed quite the attitude lately I will say! She is really having a very hard time in school. The teacher thinks she has A D D. I had never really thought about it until this year. I have always just chalked her school "issues" up to being left handed. I really don't know what to do. She is very behind and we spend hours every day doing home work, which I think is horrible! She spends all day in school and then comes home and does homework for hours...most days until bedtime. And most of the time she just isn't getting it! Sometimes, yes it is because she is not "on task" as the teacher calls it, but I can see how hard the work is for her.

Jason and I are doing okay. He has a really bad infection in a tooth. He has an appointment at the dentist next week. We are still looking for a house. Other than that we are okay though... just wishing for Spring...I am not a fan of winter. I feel very couped up right now and it is bad for me!

Well, I gotta run. The laundry is calling (as always)!

2 comments:

SimplyTamiK said...

Glad you are posting again!
Praying for you about the appointment.

Praying with empathy and understanding about the asthma and add/school stuff.
:) Tami

Becca Palmer said...

Hey Tami! I wish I could post more, but there isn't much to post about right now...all I do is sit at home and posting about that is boring! And I don't want to get on here to complain and always be requesting prayer. I feel like I should be posting about happy things, ya know???

Thanks though for the prayers! I have been sick to my stomach all night about tomorrow. And as far as school...I just don't know what to do! We just got done with homework (only taking a break to eat dinner) and that is how it ALWAYS is! She is just really having a difficult time!

Thanks for praying and thinking of us!