Friday, October 24, 2008

And this too shall pass (I hope)...

Today has been a rough day a far as my "diet" goes! I have really struggled to stay on top of it! Remember me saying that I drown my frustrations in food? Well, Satan is right on top of that one today, don't ya know?!? I received a VERY upsetting e-mail last night from someone who for the last 3 years has been very dear to my heart...basically telling me that her and "others" have realized that I am basically greedy and make people feel sorry for me and feel obligated to help my family! Grrrr...I was/am very upset by the e-mail and just the fact that A) these women are talking about me behind my back B) that these women are giving false information about me and C) that they are judging me!

There have been many things done for our family this summer, especially because of many people at the church and man-o-man are we FOREVER grateful for EACH BLESSING that was bestowed on us. Did we want to need help...of course not. Was there much else we could do rather than accept it, with a TON of humility, no there wasn't. I just pray that everyone that helped us knows that we really needed the help and really genuinely appreciate it with every ounce of GRATITUDE inside our hearts. I am sorry that I never sent out a formal thank you. I hope that we never made people feel like they "had to help" or that we accepted your generosity when we didn't need it. I am really annoyed that I feel like I have to defend myself against this gossip. I want you all to know that because of your kindness and generosity to our family and the help of an organization helping us pay for the hotel we were able to help bless several different families while Elijah was in the hospital. You all helped us to buy them groceries, provide a little shelter for them and even Bible's. Because of your help and kindness towards us we learned how to witness to people and were able to do that more times than I can even remember. We were able to sit with a family after they had just lost their newborn son and get them through the night. THEY CAME TO US FOR COMFORT...WOW GOD! I am not telling you all of this for recognition or a pat on the back. I actually haven't told many people this at all because I didn't want to sound like I was bragging or proud. But I just want you all to know that with your help you not only helped us, but helped 3 other families as well! We were able to pay it forward,and it felt amazing! Thank you again! I just wish that you all knew me well enough to know that I am very NOT greedy! I have always, my whole life been a giver...I love to give! I cannot always do it, but when I can I do it with pleasure!


I have been praying my way through this and I know I will get through this day...this too shall pass! I just get really upset when people are unhappy with me, like physically ill at times. It is bad. I am a pleaser and want to always make people happy. I have been able to stay focused so far and haven't wandered away from the diet...can you just help pray me through this day! And one more favor, if any of you have an "issue" with something I am doing...before you judge me, have the courage and decency to question my actions!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm really sorry that this person obviously hasn't removed the plank from their own eye before looking at the speck in yours. They obviously did not do whatever they did with PURE intentions... or they wouldn't be hoping for a thank you note/recognition. I pray that God moves in this persons heart greatly and that anyone that gives to your family, does it with a pure heart. Don't let this apple spoil the cart .... there are plenty of others out there that gave because of LOVE as defined in the Bible.
God bless you,

b said...

you and jason are the definition of selfless love. I was blown away when, in the middle of preparing for eli's surgery, you offered to buy my kids bikes and a bat. if the person who wrote that email thought about all you went through and had to deal with, and if they had to go through it, maybe they would not have written it. I will pray for them that their compassion is increased. keep up the good work. homemade soup is a wonedrful, lowfat, filling meal. start with celery(lots!...like a whole head) add lots(3-8 cloves) of garlic and 2-4 onions. sautee on med hi heat until the onions are opaque(clearish, whitish) add some water(about 4 quarts) carrots(2-4) and meat(whatever you prefer)chicken works best when the bones are cut into 2 inch pieces, or fish just thrown in. if using beef or chicken, brown it first. add some rice or pasta(only a little for you!)simmer for at least 1/2 hr and add your spices, salt and pepper. yummy!!! email or call me if you have any questions.

b said...

oh also, if someone blesses expecting a reward(a thank you, a return blessing) was it really a blessing?