Thursday, October 23, 2008

Please pray with us...

I have struggled with my weight my whole life and I AM DONE!!!! I finally rallied the courage to step on the scale today and just about lost my breakfast in disgust! I need to lose 100 pounds! Yea, you did read that right...100 pounds! I am so ANGRY at myself that if I could, I would kick myself in the head! I could give a list of excuses as to "why" my weight has gotten so out of control...stress, always being on the go, being at the hospital so much...but those ARE NOT the reasons why! This is MY FAULT, and I have to own this problem so that I can finally get it under control. I have put myself at a HUGE risk for diabetes, high blood pressure/cholesterol, stroke, heart attack and DEATH-all the while having a child that never asked to be born with a heart condition. I peach at Jason all the time about smoking because he is killing himself, but look what I am doing...I am killing myself! What the heck is wrong with me??? I am eating myself into a very young death! Why do I need to drown my sorrows and boredom and fears and frustrations in food? Because I am weak. Please don't misunderstand this blog...I am by no means, in a PITY PARTY mode...I am angry and determined and need to be honest with myself; and by telling all of you this I am also telling myself. I have got to change my life. I have got to start excercising more, eating better, drinking more water...I have to do this for my kids, my husband, myself, and God!

Jason and I have been doing the whole "life style change" all week and have been doing it with SUCCESS! It is so difficult, and so EXPENSIVE. We are changing what we eat, drink and do. I have not had any soda (diet coke) or tea since Sunday! I went grocery shopping and got fresh fruits and veggies to cook with and snack on. I know that with the help of God we can do this! We have to!

I am asking all of you, if you will just help us to stay focused and on track. If you see stuff on sale will you just let me know. Please help by encouraging us, and most importantly PLEASE PRAY FOR OUR SUCCESS!

Thanks for reading this...and helping us in anyway you can!

4 comments:

aLise said...

Girl, I totally understand. I have been competely miserable on my diet, but would be more miserable if I kept gaining weight. It's just a season until the weight comes off and then you can slurge here and there, Remember, "This too shall pass". Love you and will be praying for strength!

~jen~ said...

I'm envious...I truly wish I could muster up the desire to lose the weight. I have at least 80 pounds to lose but don't foresee it happening anytime soon. I've been a yo-yo dieter for ten years now so I finally decided NO MORE DIETS! LOL I know how I react to them. I think if I could just get the energy and ambition to exercise I would be fine...but it's hard finding that motivation. I'm not going to lie. I wish you the best of luck in this...at least you have Alise going through it with you! It helps to have a dedicated friend doing it too.

Anonymous said...

wow what a breakthrough!!! it really is the hardest thing for us women, moms, wives, sisters(and whatever other hats you wear) to do something for ourselves! you are breaking down walls and loosing chains in the spiritual realm!!! keep kickin' that old devil's butt!!!

Becca Palmer said...

thanks everyone! I appreciate the comments and support! It will help to have other's doing it at the same time, but it's still going to be a HUGE fight!

Love ya ALL!

Who is the anonymous coment from? I apprciate it!