Thursday, October 30, 2008

Sucess so far...

Okay, so in the past when I have dieted I always have weighed myself every other day or so. This time I have decided that I am only going to weigh in once a week to avoid the discouragement of not seeing a #. Well, I am very pleased to report that today was my weigh in day and I have lost 6 pounds this week! I am so excited. That is the size Elijah when he was born! A newborn baby is off of me...HOORAY! I have battled through dinner/movie night, a birthday party (with pizza, breadsticks, cake, and elephant ear sundaes) and also e-group on Tuesday with gravy and biscuits, eggs, cinnimon rolls, and chocolate chip cookies! To top that, I have had a lot happen this week as far as "emotional stuff" that could have easily sent me spiraling downwards but I stood strong in God and for His glory I respected my body...His temple.
This might be silly to some of you, but to me this is a huge victory! I still have a VERY long road ahead of me with this and I know it is going to be VERY difficult at times. I just believe that I am so determined that "today is the day", that I am going to get throug this and I am going to get healthy! Please just continue to be in prayer for me for this. Any encouragement and ideas are greatly appreciated. Any yummy low fat recipes would be helpful.
Thanks so much for your prayers so far...I will do this!
Much love!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Congratulations! Great Job!! I have a good friend who lost a LOT of weight and one of her secrets was cheating once a week. You may want to wait until you reach a goal and then allow yourself a cheat day once you are maintaining. That way, it's not like you'll never have your favorite treats again, and it will be worth it to pass up goodies all the time, if you can splurge once in a while!

Keep up the good work!